Thursday, April 2, 2009

Planting together

First of all I wanted to say thanks to everyone for giving me so much love after my last post. It was exactly what I needed. I got all those things out of my head and received so many supportive comments that really made me feel like someone else knows where I'm coming from. You are all awesome!
My girls have been noticing all the buds and flowers that are beginning to appear so we decided to plant some of our own today and had a great time. Here's Gillian showing off that her gloves from last year actually fit now.
We also discovered that teamwork is the best way to plant. That way no one and by no one (I mean Alyssa) starts to cry because she can't wait and not do anything. So we took turns digging, planting and patting down the dirt. We have started the terrible twos.

Finally Alyssa is quite surprised that her hands were dirty and is now wanting them to be cleaned immediately. This was simply a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Funnyrunner said...

Oh CUTE!!! You're a FABULOUS mom to have the patience to do that. I was always uptight about my kids' helping with the gardening. God forbid they pull a weed and don't get the root! (gasp!). See? I need to chill... lol. (I'm the same way with making cookies... too uptight to do it with the kids... what if they put in too much flour!? OMG!)

Funnyrunner said...

oh btw - I'm so jealous of your cute blog. I don't know how to do my own decor... someday I'll learn...

Kristin said...

What fun, Kath! I looove the pics! And I can't wait to see Alyssa and Emily together.. yay!!

septembermom said...

I'm planning to do my first garden with my kids this month. Your pictures give me inspiration. It looks like such a fun time :)

Michelle said...

Awww, what cute pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun day. My 4 year old and I also did some planting too yesterday. It was a great day. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments. You're a sweetie. I enjoy reading your blog too. Take care and have a great weekend.

Brittany Ann said...

Such sweeties...and thanks for the Broadway ticket recommendation.

And I'm super glad I met you, too:)

Kim said...

I can't wait till my son is out of the 'put everything in his mouth' phase so I can spend days like this with him. You sound like a wonderful mom!

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Your girls are very sweet~ I noticed you are a second grade teacher, how nice, I Home Educated my two sons and those days were amazing, I got the chance to really be a part of their education and their personal growth. I wouldn't have traded that for anything! I think what you do is wonderful!
Bless you
Karen