Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My other favorite girls

My April break from school is coming up next week and I am so excited for it. For so many reasons but one of the is that on Monday my girls and I are going out to breakfast with my other favorite girls. They are my friends from college. We went to a state school which I feel lucky about because now that we are all (well almost all) married and have kids we are all still nearby. I wish we were better at staying in touch regularly but we are when it come to the important stuff. So we graduated in '98 and this photo was in 2002 at my wedding. At first we got together once a month but over the years it's gotten to be way less.
I have so many memories of these ladies and feel lucky to have them all in my life. Each one of them has given me something special. Obviously some more than others but I think I need to make a point to tell them how much they mean to me. I be making some phone calls after school today :)
This picture is at the first of our 30th birthdays. So even this was a few years ago. I do realize I need to take more pictures.

6 comments:

Funnyrunner said...

awwww. Have a fabulous time! We girls need our girlfriends!

Kristin said...

Oh, so sweet!! I am so glad that you have such wonderful relationships with all of them.. they are a fantastic bunch of ladies!! You will have so much fun!

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Have fun! I haven't had a girls day in sooo long. It refreshes you in so many ways, doesn't it? :)

Michelle said...

That's great that you guys are all still friends and stay in touch. I love the pictures. You guys look so happy. Hope you have a wonderful time on your visit. Last October I went to my 20 year high school reunion. I had the best time catching up with people. It's amazing the people that a reconnected with and I'm still talking to today. Thanks for sharing your fun time. Take care.

Mammatalk said...

Sweet, sweet. Good for you for keeping in touch with such a lovely network of ladies.

Brittany Ann said...

These friends are the best! I know I love my college girls! I'm so excited for your Spring Break for you!