Friday, April 17, 2009

Gillian and Allison

Today is the last day of my vacation. We didn't really do much of anything and it was wonderful. Just what I needed! Spending time with my girls and relaxing. The highlight was getting a visit from my friend Kristin from My Art and the Mom in Me and her family. If you haven't checked out her blog you should, although she's is taking a break while she's away from home. They came all the way from Texas and those girls are amazing to be so good for that ride. My girls would never make it. We had such a wonderful morning together. Kristin said something that made me think. Gillian and Allison were playing together and she said, "You could just tell that they would be friends if we lived closer together." I realized that they are already friends. Kristin and I have been have been friends since high school and then got really close in college. I think Gillian can just feel the love I have for her and her family. She knows that she is meant to be friend with Allison too, even though we don't see each other a lot. I think it's the quality of friendship not quantity of the visits.See even as little one's they got along well. I can't believe how small they are.
This is last years visit. They had some trouble sharing but still had a good time.

This is our visit yesterday. Could they be any cuter and they are so grownup.

I also had to share the sweet gift Kristin made and brought along for my girls. She's so thoughtful and we already found a place in Gillian's and Alyssa's rooms for them to go. So now I just have to work on making a trip to visit them in Texas. I did have a picture of Kristin and I together that I wish I could share but that one came out blurry so Kristin you'll have to email me a copy of the one Bobby took when you can.

4 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I love the vacations when you don't do much of anything but spend time together! Those are my favorites!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

I was blog hopping today and I just love your blog layout. It is so pretty.

My husband is off for the next 10 days. He wants to drag us to Disney World. (I have been there literally hundreds of times) I would rather just stay home and do nothing. He can hire me a house keeper for the week and send me to the spa. NOW THAT would be awesome. :)

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Nothing Like a nice quiet relaxing vacation. I hope you had/have a safe trip home!

Kristin said...

I got all choked up reading this.

You are right. They are friends already.

Miss you.

:(