Sunday, April 26, 2009

Close cousins

So this weekend my twin nieces spent the night and wow I am exhausted! It was so much fun. Here's the run down. A walk to the park and we thought that they would be a little tired out but no...after dinner and a mini break they were ready to go again. So hubby and I took them out to an arcade kind of place with a lot of kiddie games and ride on cars and such. I'm probably not explaining it well but they had an awesome time. So we stopped at Rita's on the way home for some treats. We were thinking italian ice but they wanted ice cream well actually custard but they'll never know. That night I thought they would never go to sleep and once they did I hit the pillow and was out too. This is this morning. After sleeping late and eating breakfast they played a game of Lucky Ducks. Their mom picked them up and we headed off to church with our girls. These cousins have such great time together and really will be close friends growing up. I just wish they didn't live 45 minutes away. I guess they could live a lot farther though. I love blogging about these everyday moments. I know that I will look back at this and smile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds like a fun time, you and all the girls! i love it when my neices spend time with my son...i love that he has cousins he'll be close to. sounds like you feel the same. what a blessing!

thanks for stopping by my blog! it's nice to meet you! i used to teach 2nd grade before i started staying home with my son. i loved my job and miss it a tad bit. those 2nd graders sure did keep me on my toes!!!

Brittany Ann said...

So much fun! I remember these kinds of sleepovers with my cousins. Some of my favorite memories!

p.S. You're totally right. We do need to make more time for ourselves.

Kari said...

My twin nieces live about an hour away too. We cherish the times we get to spend with them, just like you do. Sounds like a great weekend, and reminds me that I really need to get my sister to bring her girls over for a sleep-over sometime soon!

Kim said...

I think that for this exact reason blogging is so important. Can you imagine if your parents had captured these kinds of memories. Love hearing about fun things you did with the kids.

Brandi said...

Your girls are too cute. I loved having sleep overs with my cousins when I was little. Thanks for stopping by my blog and voting for my son.

Kristin said...

Cute picture!! 45 minutes seems like such a short drive to me, LOL! It all is in the way you look at it.. like you said.. they COULD live farther.. and luckily they don't.. If they lived closer then maybe you wouldn't get the joy of these sleepovers!! LOL! It sounds like it was a great, yet tiring time.. and I am sure you all can't wait for it to happen again!!

:)

Funnyrunner said...

cute! My poor boys have 0 cousins...