Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


I was planning on do a nature walk with my girls and pointing out all the things that we miss as we rush through. I'm was going to give them each a brown paper bag for them to collect their little finds and treasures. When we return back from our little hike, I'll give a piece of cardboard for them to create a collage with their nature treasures. I'm not sure I will still be able to go because it's supposed to be pouring but I'll keep my fingers crossed and maybe sneak out for a little bit and let our treasures dry overnight. So instead I think we'll be making the cotton ball tree pictured about. Here's the link to find out how to make it. So cute!!!


Here's another easy and great way to celebrate Earth Day. Click below to plant a bulb:

GE is planting a flower bulb for each unique visitor to this page during April, up to 100,000 bulbs. Help blanket the landscape with flower bulbs by sharing Project Plant-a-Bulb with your friends and family.

6 comments:

rachel... said...

My kids collect enough 'treasures' from outdoors as it is, but that tree sure is cute!!!

Brittany Ann said...

I love that tree! You're such a crafty mommy!

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

Kat-Can you believe...for some reason, my google reader feed had lost my subscription to your blog. I was wondering "why doesn't she ever post?" and then I read Kristin's post today about seeing you while in CT! I figured it out, went back and yup! Your blog was not being read by my feeder! Now I have properly reconnected with "you" here. So happy. I read your post about the visit. Your kids are all so beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful time. How lucky you are to be friends for so long. Love the Earth Day tree. You know I'm on that ASAP! Thanks for the ideas.

kel said...

I love that tree! so very cute!

Kim said...

Kat you do the neatest things with your kids. I love it and find it very inspiring. I really want to be an energetic and fun person for him to be around. Love the Earth Day idea.

Michelle said...

What a great project to do with the kids in celebration of Earth day. It's been raining outside here too. Way to cold to go out and play. Wish spring would get here soon. Thanks for sharing the fun projects.