Thursday, April 30, 2009

A big girl and a concert recap

Friends of mine that I haven't seen in a while keep asking me or saying.
When did Alyssa get so big?
She's not a baby anymore.
I can't believe it either. When did my baby, because even if other people don't see it anymore...she will always be my baby, learn how to climb up and go down the slide by herself? When did she start hitting and have to be put in timeout at daycare? When did she start telling me no and getting dressed and undressed by herself? So now I'm realizing she is not only NOT a baby anymore but she has also hit the terrible twos a few months early I might add.

Also in case anyone was wondering, the Fall out Boy concert was fun. I loved spending alone time with my hubby which as I said before we rarely get. It was so nice to just talk. I also have to admit that I am officially too old because the music was too loud, I did not appreciate all the swearing from onstage, or the teenage girls with their boobies hanging out.

I got a glimpse of the teenage years with my girls. I picked out some sweet little girls at the show that were in converse sneakers and concert t-shirts and told my hubby with confidence that those are what our girls will be like. He said that those were the ones to watch out for. These girls really did rock out and had a great time and by the end of the concert they had changed into tank tops that were almost as revealing as the others. There really was no disgraceful behavior so once again...I hope that's what my girls will be like.

To end my concert adventures as the lights went on at the end I said to my hubby we are the oldest ones here. He said there's a lot of people older than us and to that I replied yes but they brought their kids.

9 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Uh-oh. Terrible twos. That's a fun age! She's just as cute as a button though, isn't she? Before you know it, she's going to be one of those teens! Then you'll just have to have another one;)

I left something on my blog for you:)

Kristin said...

I am dying from that last sentence.. Yes, but they brought their kids.. LOL, Kath!!

But this?? this is priceless.

"I did not appreciate all the swearing from onstage, or the teenage girls with their boobies hanging out."

Oh Yes. We are mothers now.

:)

Onna Holland said...

I am so glad you had a good time!! I know what you mean about seeing the young girls with their tiny shirts. I always FEEL like I am young still , until I am somewhere saying why is the music so loud, and oh my god if our daughter ever wears that I am locking her up!! lol!! Then I realize how much older I am then these kids!! Love your last line..."but they brought their kids" priceless!! It's great to be a mom-wouldn't change it for the world, but it sure has changed my view on things!!

Michelle said...

That's great that you enjoyed the concert. Sounds like the concert was wild. When we go to concerts I usually feel like we are the oldest ones too. When did I grow up? LOL! Love the picture of your little girl. She's so adorable. I'm amazed too how fast time passes. I feel like my little one was just born and she'll be 5 in September. It's true when they say enjoy them while they're little because they grow so fast. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

OMG, she is SO cute!! And I hear you there, my baby is turning 3 in less than 2 weeks!

The concert sounds like fun, I'd love to go to a concert with my husband but we don't have the same taste... I'd pick NoDoubt, he's pick Moby ;-)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Isn't it amazing how fast it goes, but they will always be our babies. Now I understand what my dad use to always say :).

How fun I would love to go out on a date with my hubs, probably do us some good. Now to find the time and money :).

Thank you so much for coming by and following ;)

Hit 40 said...

Your profile sums up how I feel about teaching too. I like most of my job... but June, July and August ROCK!!!

And... a date night with your hubby! How fabulous. My boys are old enough that we can sneak out for dinner now whenever we want!!!! IT IS OUTSTANDING!!!

Hit 40 said...

Oh... and I have not had a problem with comments. If you want to loose the word verification to leave a comment, you can find it under layout/comments :-)

Mammatalk said...

The terrible twos are on the horizon for us, too. Shakin' in my boots...