Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend and then bad news

On Sunday I received my Rite of Election at my church and then headed up to the Archdiocese of Hartford. I was there with my sponsor to receive the same Rite from the Archbishop. It was a beautiful and so was the cathedral. Growing up I attended a Congregational Church but I went to church services with friends and I always felt like being Catholic was so serious and it is but I really feel like I have found the church where I belong. They are my family. It is also the church my husband grew up in too. After I received the Rite from the Archbishop, the priest and nun from my church took a bunch of photos and were smiling almost like proud parents. Now I am able to begin my final steps and then will receive full communion in the Catholic Church. That will happen at the Easter Vigil. It has been a very long process but so worth it. Here are a few more pictures of the stained glass windows which were amazing.

The after a wonderful weekend, I feel like this week began with terrible news. A good friend's uncle passed away a few days ago. I also found out the another friend's husband passed away Monday night. One was expected and they had time to say good bye because he was in end stage cancer and an older man. The second man was in his thirties and has two young children. Both are terribly sad but when I heard the news about the loss of the husband I felt sick. I just can't understand why and my heart is breaking for her and her family. It puts me in the place of imagining what would happen if that were your family. It also makes me realize how precious life is and to make every moment count.

3 comments:

Diane said...

So sorry for the sad news. Praying God's peace for you and the families affected.

www.dianeestrella.com

Kim said...

I'm really impressed by your commitment to become a full member of your church. It is definitely something to be proud of. I also know what you mean about hearing about such a tragic loss. When I hear devastating news like this, I too wonder how I would live through it. Hugs!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Welcome to the Catholic Church! I love the commitment at Easter Vigil. I cry during it every year. Such a beautiful moment for us all!

Also, I'm sorry about your loss. Prayers!