Friday, January 9, 2009

Stress, Stress and more Stress

It just seems like one think after another lately! I'm really trying to be good and stick to my New Years Resolution of staying healthy. I am such an emotional eater that it is very difficult. My father in law has been diagnosed with mesothelioma (cancer) and I am very worried as I should be. It's taking a toll on me and my attitude in general. I try to not let it effect me so much but I am finding it impossible. I'm worried not only about him but my husband to who is not sleeping and is going crazy trying to find hope. We may have found some from the Cancer Institute in Maryland. They were so great even just talking to them made my husband and fil feel better. They will be going there hopefully next week for some tests to see if they can offer help. It's just a sad situation that my fil got this (probably) from being a veteran and serving his country in Vietnam.

So on a happier note my daycare is closed so I have to stay home from work today and spend the day with my girls. If anything can I'm sure that they will brighten my day. I also have to say that this brings new meaning to me to living life to the fullest. I say if there's something that you want...go for it. I want to be saying less of "I'd really like to... or Someday I hope I can.... I'm going to start making more of an effort to get out there and do the things that I've been holding off on and I think you should too!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, Kath. Please know that you can call me anytime you need to..although, I know you already know that, it always helps to say it again.
And I hope your day with the girls filled your heart with gladness, as I am sure it did.
Love you, pal.

Ali said...

LOL - My New Year's Resolution was to stop stressing! I find myself worrying about everything. Worrying so much that my friends will come to me with their worries and ask me to worry about it for them.

I really am trying to set that aside for 2009 - hope I can stick with it :-)

Ali's Most Recent Blog Post
Best Months to Fly...

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

oh, I am so sorry about your father in law. That is a tough one, indeed. When a family member or loved one suffers, we all suffer. I've been through a lot of that in the past couple of years with sick relatives. It does add to the daily stressors! I wish there was something I could say...I hope your family will find everything that is needed at this difficult time. Give and receive hugs more often to get 'cha through!! I"ll send some prayers your way.