Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Healthy Valentine treats



So my weekend was super busy, but really what weekend isn't lately? We got some more snow and Gillian even helped me shovel during her sister's nap. She's becoming such a good helper and is so proud of herself when she does.

In my effort to stick to my diet I wanted to find some healthy valentine treats. Being stuck in due to the snow allowed us to try them out before I brought them to an upcoming party. I found them on on the link below. This is a great site filled with delicious recipes, fun crafts, and all kinds of family activities. It's a wonderful site. Go check it out. http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/valentines_food_ms/

See the pictures above the first one is strawberries covered in chocolate on skewers with mint leaves to look like a bouquet and the second is watermelon and orange slices. I would have posted my own pictures but I broke my camera by dropping it on the floor which I am very sad about. Both were fun but time consuming. I may have to try something else. I'd love suggestions

This last one was just for fun but it was yummy! I love a good smoothie.
Pink Banana Smoothie
1 cup apple juice or cider
2 ounces soft silken tofu (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 frozen very ripe medium banana

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I would have to try those chocolate coverd strawberries...I love strawberries...I literally, LITERALLY, just put the bowls in the dish washer from the snack that me and the girls ate..strawberries and whip cream. I could eat them everyday..and often do, lol!

And to answer your question..those wrappers on the egg rolls? They are egg roll wrappers, in my grocery store, they are found where the healthy/tofu/section where the produce is...

Bobby leaves tomorrow for another week in NC!! =(

We have a busy week with the MOMS club and then we are going to San Antonio for the weekend. I will be going out with my friend, Brandi, to a bar to see a band on Saturday night. We also went out last Saturday Night! Holy WOW, right? I get to see a band twice in a month? When does that happen? Anyway...so the time without him will pass quickly, but it still makes me sad!

Well..love ya..and glad to hear Gillian relishes her role as her Mommy's helper...Good for her! (and you!!) =)