Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I feel like I still haven't joined the real word and I'm a bit lazy with the whole family on vacation.  I'll get there soon...I promise. 
 

 

Our favorite gifts were a karaoke machine which I see getting a lot of use and will have me wondering what I was thinking when I hearing Call me Maybe for the millionth time.  I'm kidding, well kind of.  I love and that it makes them happy.  I also have to admit that I may have belted out a tune or two with them even though I can't sing.  Now that I teach kindergarten I've left that at the door.  I sing everything now.
The other was our magic kit.  They are both amazed by their own skills.  I love that they are so proud when they get the trick right.
These two are the best gifts I've ever received.  I can't imagine life without them...even when they're making me crazy.  It was a perfect holiday full of family visits and wonderful memories. 
 
 
Next up we will be ringing in the New Year with the kids.  I don't even remember what going out to celebrate the new year is like.  We'll be eating pizza bagels and toasting with sparkling cider long before midnight but I would not have it any other way.  I also found this super cute printable for the kids and it has been updated for 2013.

4 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Merry Christmas my dear! Looks like you have had a wonderful holiday. Love the pictures :)

Masshole Mommy said...

A karaoke machine sounds like fun, but the noise level may make me want to hide it from the kids while they're at school.

We're going to some friends tonite to celebrate NY Eve. It's a family party, so everyone there will have kids and it should be a good time. It's funny how things change when you're a parent.

Kristin said...

Kath. I am so jealous. I want that karoake machine! aargh!

It sounds like you had a great holiday - ours was meh. my parents dog had to be put down on Christmas day and it was kind of a somber mood.. sad sad.

Other than that -
happy new year! love you!!

Unknown said...

SO glad we got to spend Christmas with you and the girls! I can see Call Me Maybe getting old, haha!