Saturday, January 12, 2013

Goodbye Bisquick Hello Homemade Pancakes

My girls woke up this morning in the mood for pancakes and I looked in the cabinet for the Bisquick and there wasn't enough.  So since we had spare time on this lazy Saturday, I decided to make homemade.  So of course I headed straight to Pinterest.    I also knew that I had some buttermilk left over so I figured let's really go for it.  I discovered a recipe for IHOP like pancakes.  I mean who doesn't love IHOP pancakes?  Well mine did NOT come out like IHOP pancakes.  The insides would not cook.  I had them on low like the recipe said so I tried to leave them longer but then the outside became burnt.  Only I could ruin pancakes.  This one was a fail.  Also, just to be clear I'm sure that it was me and not this yummy looking recipe.  If you want to try I've included the link below.
 
Well, I wasn't giving up so I turned again to Pinterest and decided to stay simple. So  Martha Stewart's recipe to the rescue.  This one was perfect and easy.  I don't know if I'll buy ready made pancake mix again. 
 
 Here's the recipe. I added vanilla and some chocolate chips.
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! I love pancakes!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

OH yum! I love to make pancakes from scratch. I always add vanilla too!

The chocolate chips sound like a great addition! Way to go mom!

Kristin said...

Kath - yum. You could make pancakes for me any day! Miss you! let's catch up soon! I also have an idea - for next year - I want to spin by you! :)