Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pony Party

Let me start by saying that this weekend we attended a wonderful birthday party and my girls had a great time. It was a friend from my mom's group, who was throwing a party for her son. There was a cowboy theme complete with pony rides, cowboy hats and bandannas. I know there will always be pictures and memories but will these little ones have any memories themselves? Don't get me wrong I will go to any of these over the top parties that people will be inviting me too but I have a hard time doing that myself. My girls' birthdays tend to be more of a backyard celebration but then I start to feel the pressure. Should I do more? This year Gillian will be turning 5 I may end up going for it. She's after me for a hula theme. I'm starting to think grass skirts, flowers, and the limbo. Oh no! Gillian's party may be heading for an over the top production as well. Either way it will be fun.
Look at that smile.! Like I said they loved it and I actually got on the horse and rode with Alyssa but nobody got a picture of that..luckily although it would have been funny.

6 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Kids love a party, even if it involves a sprinkler and tuna sandwiches in the backyard! I get stressed when I throw classroom parties that I'm not being over-the-top enough, but if I just bring in snacks, my high-schoolers are thrilled!

Although, I love the tropical party idea! That theme has tons of outlets!

Funnyrunner said...

We had big parties for the boys with all of their classmates until they turned around 9 - and then I had had it. lol. Family parties only at these ages... and they're just as happy.

the horsey party looks fun. wish I had been invited...

Kristin said...

Aw, shucks... I want to ride a pony! That is such a sweet picture of Gillian!!

Michelle said...

What a fun day for the girls. Pony rides sounds like a blast. I'm with you, I feel the pressure too. We've been invite to several over the top parites and I'm always amazed what the parents have planned. I think for my little one's 5th birthday this year we are just going to have a small celebration with family. I feel bad iviting people who feel obligated to buy gifts, especially since the economy is so bad and so many people I know have lost their jobs. Thanks for stopping by today.

Hugs
Michelle

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Hi Kathy I posted under the story about your brother and the bears, hope you see it!
Karen ; )

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Very cute photo! I feel the same about parties...although a hula party sounds like it could be fun. Our little one is too young for a big party but when the time comes I know that I'll feel pressure. Thanks for stopping by.