My daughter had her dance recital this weekend and she could not have been any cuter! Watching her brought back dancing memories from my own childhood and seeing her on stage and loving it made me smile. She was a star and I couldn't be a prouder mama. I was thinking about not sending her back next year but after this I'm not sure that is an option. She's getting to be such a big girl and although that I'm full of joy it also makes me feel a little (sniff, sniff) sad.
It all goes by quickly. Here are the five things that happened that make me feel like Gillian is becoming so mature and turning into a mini me. I hear myself so much in what she says.
1. Before the show she said that she thought she should relax for a little while so she wouldn't be tired at the dance recital.
2. On the way to Gillian's recital I left her tights at home so we had to turn around. She noticed I was upset and said it's okay momma no matter what you do I will always love you.
3. I bought her flowers and she said thank you that was so nice of you and daddy they are beautiful and smell so pretty.
4. I could see her on the stage getting the other girls to where they were supposed to be gently and taking the lead by modeling the dance for those her who were unsure. That made me really proud.
5. This has nothing to do with the show but last week I brought her to kindergarten orientation and I literally almost started crying on the way home.
I can't wait to spend the extra time with my girls. This summer vacation will certainly be something to treasure. Twelve days and counting!!!