Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scary Trip to Work

You have probably heard about the NYC bomb scare but if not check out the link. Well I had a little scare on my way to work a few days ago. I was surprisingly (well not so surprising) running late. I was on the main road and so close to work. I realize we are not really moving. I try to see what the heck is going on only to notice their are several helicopters flying about me. They were not so much flying more hovering in the area. Then I see a news van for every station in the state, local police, their mobile unit, and SWAT vans. I teach in the inner city and I'm usually not scared going into work but this day I was. Apparently the man in question lives in the area and they were all heading to his home. Needless to say I made it to work but I was nowhere near on time.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Wow....

Happy Mother's Day! :O)

Brittany Ann said...

Whoa. I'm glad you're OK! That's terrifying!

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

Wow! That is scary! My daughter and I were at Mary Poppins in Times Square one hour before they found the car bomb! I am still not allowing myself to really "go there," as far as thinking about that one...I don't want to be afraid to LIVE... But it is difficult not to be sometimes. God bless you and your beautiful girls and hubby on Mother's Day.

Kristin said...

oh, gosh, Kath.. that is really scary!

And Happy Mother's Day.. Hope to talk soon, and I will see you NEXT MONTH!! Woo Hoo!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh my gosh that would have freaked me out too, glad you go to work. Hopefully they were understanding since you had a good reason for being late.