Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Squeezing in the last of the summer fun

I will be meeting my new class tomorrow and I can't sleep. It is the start of a new year and I'm always filled with excitement. What will they be like? The anticipation is almost too much for me. I'm hoping for another wonderful class, which mine really was last year. I'm usually not blessed two years in a row but I'm hoping to break that streak this year. I will be able to tell by the end of the day who I'm going to have to keep my eye on, who's going to be my little helper, the tattler, the hard worker, the social butterfly, and so many more. It is fun figuring them all out. I'm probably just as nervous as my students when I walk out on that playground to meet them.

So summer is officially over for me! Here's the last of my summer fun with my girls. Yes that is a slip and slide and yes I also tried it out (to show how to use it of course) luckily there are no pictures of that but it brought me back to my own childhood and we had such fun :).
They didn't quite get the concept of sliding but loved crawling on it and then I ended up giving them some boosts to help them slide. Those giggles are priceless.

One last one today a little dip in our mini pool before bed. I will miss our summer vacation together but tomorrow I will be meeting their other children who lives I make a difference in this year. My new second grade family here I come! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

Oh, good luck to you, Dear. I am counting down the days and I have until Sept. 8th. I'm dreading it, believe it or not. It's been so hard these past few years. Getting used to a new school, very demanding at that. My girl starts kindergarten and she keeps saying, "I don't want to go to Kindergarten!" Oh, boy. We have enjoyed our time together so very much. And yes, we are blessed that our jobs allow us to have as much time with our children as we have...Also, we are touching lives of other children as well. It's a win-win in that respect. I just miss my baby so much during the day...It seems so long to be away from her.
Anyhow, best of luck to you. That slip and slide looks wonderful. What a nice summer you had! I feel at least some solidarity as we are both returning to teaching full time. Yay, us!

Kristin said...

Aw, Kath.. You and they are adorable.. I love that you did the slip n slide too.. next time, take (and post) some pictures!! Love you! :)

Brittany Ann said...

Yay for your new little ones! Hope it went well! And I can never sleep on the first day of school, either!

Kim said...

Sounds like you are a wonderful teacher. Good luck with your new class!

Michelle said...

You sound like a wonderful teacher. I hope my little one gets a great teacher this year. Especially since it's her first year in elementary school. I'm nervous for her. School starts for us on September 8. I'm sad to see this summer go. We have a busy schedule this school year. Good luck with your new students.

Hugs
Michelle

Jenni said...

Booooo to the end of summer!

I hope you have a great class! I meet mine next week!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Hope the new class is going GREAT. Love the pictures of the girls it looks like so much fun :).

Have a wonderful weekend my dear!