Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to school...already?

Where has my summer gone? I feel like it flew by. I know everyone always says that, but it really went too quick. So I'm going to be enjoying every minute that I have left and packing in those precious moments I do have to spend with my girls before I have to go back a meet my own new class of second graders.

My daughter is starting kindergarten, which I may have mentioned already...lol. So we went back to school shopping yesterday at the outlets. She is really developing a style of her own. Lately it has been a fight to get her dressed in the morning. I figure if she picked it, she'll wear it. At least I hope and she did pick some cute things. I've also been thinking about how to make that first day extra special. I have a few ideas that I'll put together and share in a post but until then. What do you all do or plan on doing to make going back to school special for your kiddos?

8 comments:

Funnyrunner said...

back to school?! you're kidding! When do your girls go back? We don't start until Sept. 8, thank goodness. I hate the end of summer.... :(

Diane said...

I can't believe summer is almost over also. I am glad you have the days off to spend with your girls.

Kristin said...

I can totally picture Gillian arguing with you over clothes, LOL!! Allie starts preschool on September 8th, and we went yesterday to get her a backpack and all of the supplies that she needs... She is so excited that it is actually making me excited... (and um...slightly... extremely sad, lol)

Brittany Ann said...

I know. I can't believe it's that time already. Yikes!

Kim said...

this is such an exciting time for you guys. I can't even imagine Deaglan being that old! I've heard about the clothes wars - I have three nieces who are all about princess and pink. Looking forward to hearing all about the adventures of kindergarten.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

LOL it did go by way to fast and what did I do. Guess I'll have to go back over the posts ... LOL ;)

Oh boy Kindergarten, I'm so not even prepared yet!

Jenni said...

I am not ready to talk about it. LOL!

Mocha Dad said...

I took my son school clothes shopping. I felt like I was the only dad in the stores.