Friday, March 6, 2009

Unexpected friendships and awards

It's time to pass along some awards I've received and share the love. So thanks to Abby and Kristin.
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


Thanks to Sarah for passing on some awards to me. Please check her out through the link above. I have enjoyed reading her blog and it always makes me smile.


As I said I am still a newbie when it comes to blogging and I have to say I really don't know why I waited this long to start. I can't believe there was this amazing community of people with such wonderful ideas to share and some many great stories to hear. People that are going through the same things that I am and then some that live in a completely different world than mine and I love hearing about that too. It was such an unexpected surprise to find such unexpected friendships in the blogging world. So thanks sending some love my way and here's some right back at you.


I have chosen to pass along the Sisterhood Award because that is exactly how blogging makes me feel. Please check them out as well I look forward to reading their posts and their comments always make my day brighter.


Living in The Moment
Brittany has the best stories and I love hearing the one's about school. I can totally relate to the first year of teaching. It is wonderfully exhausting but well worth the effort. I appreciate all her comments and getting to know her through her blog.

I also want to send these awards right back to Abby and Kristin.

Kristin is the best friend I could ever ask for. I love her to pieces!

I am so happy to be getting know Abby and write now she is having a give away. Please check it out she makes such beautiful things and you would be lucky to win one.

Lastly I want to pass along these awards on to Lori from I'm No Supermom. I not even sure how I came across her blog but I noticed her prayer requests and something made me send her an email sharing my story with a total stranger and asking her to say some prayers for my father in law who is battling cancer. I'm so glad that I did.

I know that I'm suppossed to pass these to more bloggers but I really want to stick with the spirit of these awards. I'm so glad I found these blogging friends and I want them to know how much I appreciate them. As a said I am still getting to know other bloggers out there and I'm sure there are so many more unexpected friendships that I will find but for now check these ladies out they have truely made my days brighter.

3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Kat, thank you so much! How sweet of you to think of me. I'm just glad someone likes reading my blog, and likes my comments, especially a fellow teacher.

And trust me, every time I have a comment from you, I'm thrilled! Your advice and words of wisdom are always welcome, and your support is so appreciated!

Kristin said...

Kath!! You are such a super sweeties.. I love you so much, and I looove reading your blog!!
Yippee!!

(Also, please visit me.. it is my turn for the give-away and Not a ONE has entered, LOL!! Gasp, shriek.. No one.)

Ahem. So. Please enter.

LOVE YOU!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the awards. You have an adorable blog. Good job!