Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Name My Team


This is something that I've wanted to do for a while and I know it's a long way off but I'm ready to start building my team and raising some money. This May I will participating in the Kidney Walk to benefit the National Kidney Foundation. This is a cause that is close to my heart because I lost my mom to kidney disease and I wanted to do something in her memory and I think I've found it. I've gotten in contact with the local office and the woman who helps organize events and volunteers is amazing. She is one of those rare people that has enthusiasm that is truly contagious. I can't wait to get going on this.
My problem is I need a team name. I looked at some of the team names that were already chosen and some just were a business name and others were in honor or in memoriam of a person of which I prefer the person's name. My mom's name was Sue. So I came up with Sue's Striders but I'm not sure on that. There were also the one's that were cute or made me laugh like The Kidney Beans or Urine Trouble. I need some inspiration and I'd love to hear suggestions.

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Hmmm...this is tough. I love the play on kidney beans. How could we incorporate it with Sue? Sue Beans? Sue's Sweet Beans? I don't know. I'm horrible at this!

Anonymous said...

Great idea and way to honor your mom. I'm not good at quips that's my husband's department. :O)

Kristin said...

Kath.. I love this idea. Good for you...Your Mom is so proud, I am sure of it. I am stumped with the name idea though.. I think it does need to have your Mom's name in it.. what a sweet way to honor her.. Love you, kath.

Jenni said...

I like Sue's Striders!

Michelle said...

I like Sue's Striders! Good for you to seek this out. Best of luck in your fundraising efforts.