Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Teaching by example

This is such a simple act but as I was leaving Stop and Shop today, I heard the Salavation Army bell calling me. I reached in my mess of a purse and dug out a dollar to put it in. My two year old asked what are you doing? So I tried to think of the simple explanation and I said I'm helping someone else. She said, "I want to do it next time." Giving to others is the kind of message I want to be sending to my girls. Alyssa reminded me that I need to show them that more often.

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

This is so important. Good for you for teaching your girls!

kel said...

We always give, my daughter automatically stops now!! great thing to teach your kids!

Michelle said...

What a great way to show our kids how to be giving. That's such an important part of life. Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs
Michelle

Kristin said...

Aw, Kath.. That is so sweet. I am sure you show that to them more than you know, because that is just the kind of person you are. Love ya.

Mammatalk said...

What a heartwarming moment...